Smart Compliance Portal
Employee Benefits Webinars
Register now for our upcoming
Healthcare Reform Webinar
- Legal Alert: Employee Benefit Changes in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017
- Legal Alert: Court Vacates EEOC’s Wellness Program Incentives Rules Effective January 1, 2019
- Legal Alert: IRS Extends Deadline for Furnishing Forms 1095, Extends Good Faith Transition Relief
- 2017 Compliance Year End Review – What to Expect in 2018
- 2018 Healthcare Forecast
- Legal Alert: Massachusetts Releases Proposed Regulations on EMAC Supplement; HIRD Form Returns
- TAKE NOTICE: IRS Getting Ready to Send “Pay or Play” Penalty Letters to ALEs
- CVS Health to Buy Aetna?
- UPDATED Legal Alert: IRS Updates Employer Mandate FAQs: Indicates that Penalty Letters are Imminent
- Legal Alert: IRS Increases Health FSA Contribution Limit for 2018, Adjusts Other Benefit Limits
- Legal Alert: President Trump Issues Executive Order on ACA, Separately Attempts to End Cost-Sharing Payments to Insurers
- Trump Signs Executive Order to Dismantle Obamacare
- Three Ways Employers Can Be Proactive About Opioids in the Workplace
- Is Your Workplace Harassment Policy Up To Date?
- ACA Tax Money to Fund Cleveland-Based Research on Multiple Sclerosis Treatments
- Legal Alert: Trump Administration Releases Guidance on ACA’s Contraceptive Coverage Mandate
- What You Need to Know About New York Paid Family Leave
- Are Your Managers “Familiar” with FMLA?
- HEALTHCARE CLAIMS DATA – THE HOLY GRAIL? Part 2
- Legal Alert: Court Requires EEOC to Substantiate 30% Limit on Wellness Program Incentives
- What Safety Regulations Apply to Your Business?
- OSHA Extends Electronic Form 300A Filing Compliance Date
- HEALTHCARE CLAIMS DATA – THE HOLY GRAIL?
- Voluntary Benefits: The Upside of Giving Employees a Choice
- A New Trend: Runners Get Discounts on Life Insurance
Category Archives: Health Savings Account
Legal Alert: President Trump Issues Executive Order on ACA, Separately Attempts to End Cost-Sharing Payments to Insurers
On October 12, President Trump signed an Executive Order directing the federal agencies in charge of implementing the Affordable Care Act (ACA) to propose new regulations or revise existing guidance to expand access to association health plans (AHPs), short-term insurance plans, … Continue reading
On February 27, 2015, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) released its final HHS Notice of Benefit and Payment Parameters for 2016. The lengthy regulation covers a wide range of topics affecting group health plans, including minimum value, … Continue reading
The recent employee benefits study, Eighth Annual Study of Employee Benefits: Health Care Reform: Full Steam Ahead, showcases the direct impact health care reform is having on decisions and attitudes of employers, employees and benefits brokers. Of course it’s no surprise … Continue reading
IRS Releases Guidance on Health Spending Accounts (HSAs) and FSA Carryover as well as FSA Correction Procedures On March 28, 2014, the Internal Revenue Service’s (IRS) Office of Chief Counsel released two memoranda that provide guidance on certain administrative issues … Continue reading
Market Trends Regarding HRA’s and HSA’s The Employee Benefit Research Institute recently released the results from a 2006-2013 study on consumer-driven health plans (CDHP’s). The study has tracked CDHP trends since 2006, paying particular attention to employer and employee contributions … Continue reading
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has released the 2013 inflation adjusted amounts for health savings accounts (HSAs). To be eligible to have contributions made to an HSA, an individual must be covered under a high deductible health plan (HDHP) and … Continue reading
Recently the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), published a legal report Health Savings Accounts: The Good, The Bad and the Misunderstood.” Health savings accounts (HSAs) are frequently misinterpreted by consumers because the lack of information and services provided under … Continue reading
Change Healthcare, a provider of medical claims data, recently released third-quarter dental cost figures for 2011. The report discloses a dramatic 400% variance in the amount billed for the same service by different dental care providers. The high costs of dental … Continue reading
CPI-HR’s Smart Debit card works just like most debit cards. The main differences between the two are: Smart Debit Cards are limited to specific merchants and eligible expenses Card cannot be used at ATM or for cash back options There … Continue reading
Recently the Society for Human Resource Management, SHRM, conducted a study about the different types of benefits U.S. employers offer their employees. The study explored 284 benefits, covering the following areas: Health care and welfare benefits Preventive health and wellness … Continue reading