Smart Compliance Portal
Employee Benefits Webinars
Register now for our upcoming
Healthcare Reform Webinar
- Legal Alert: Massachusetts Releases Proposed Regulations on EMAC Supplement; HIRD Form Returns
- CVS Health to Buy Aetna?
- UPDATED Legal Alert: IRS Updates Employer Mandate FAQs: Indicates that Penalty Letters are Imminent
- Legal Alert: IRS Increases Health FSA Contribution Limit for 2018, Adjusts Other Benefit Limits
- Legal Alert: President Trump Issues Executive Order on ACA, Separately Attempts to End Cost-Sharing Payments to Insurers
- Trump Signs Executive Order to Dismantle Obamacare
- Three Ways Employers Can Be Proactive About Opioids in the Workplace
- Is Your Workplace Harassment Policy Up To Date?
- ACA Tax Money to Fund Cleveland-Based Research on Multiple Sclerosis Treatments
- Legal Alert: Trump Administration Releases Guidance on ACA’s Contraceptive Coverage Mandate
- What You Need to Know About New York Paid Family Leave
- Are Your Managers “Familiar” with FMLA?
- HEALTHCARE CLAIMS DATA – THE HOLY GRAIL? Part 2
- Legal Alert: Court Requires EEOC to Substantiate 30% Limit on Wellness Program Incentives
- What Safety Regulations Apply to Your Business?
- OSHA Extends Electronic Form 300A Filing Compliance Date
- HEALTHCARE CLAIMS DATA – THE HOLY GRAIL?
- Voluntary Benefits: The Upside of Giving Employees a Choice
- A New Trend: Runners Get Discounts on Life Insurance
- It’s the Law: Benefits You Must Provide Employees
- Bundling Payroll, HR and Benefits
- Legal Alert: Senate Republicans Release Updated Discussion Draft of ACA Repeal Bill
- Legal Alert: Senate Republicans Release Healthcare Bill; Largely Mirroring House Bill but with Some Key Differences
- Legal Alert: REMINDER: PCORI Fees Due by July 31, 2017
- Health Savings Account FAQs
Monthly Archives: September 2017
All employers need to be aware of a new requirement beginning on January 1, 2018…the New York Paid Family Leave Law (PFL). The PFL effects any employer with one or more employees working in New York State and provides paid … Continue reading
Failure to comply with employment law can be a costly mistake. Although compliance typically falls to the HR department, it is imperative that managers be trained on employment law topics, especially the Family Medical Leave Act. Consider the case of … Continue reading
One of the biggest frustrations that I hear from employers is that their health insurance carrier does not provide them with the data that they need in order to best manage their healthcare plan. One of our distinct “value propositions” … Continue reading
On August 22, 2017, a federal court in the District of Columbia ordered the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) to reconsider the limits it placed on wellness program incentives under final regulations the agency issued last year under the Americans with … Continue reading
When it comes to workplace safety, ignorance is no defense. OSHA safety and health regulations often apply to all businesses, regardless of size. If you’re not sure which regulations apply to your business, OSHA provides some resources. It has created … Continue reading
The extension is being made to give the new administration an opportunity to review reporting requirements. At the end of June, OSHA filed a proposal to delay the compliance date of its rule entitled “Improve Tracking of Workplace Injuries and … Continue reading